Resetting the motronic
Sometimes it is necessary to recalibrate the motronic. After having disconnected
the battery, f.e., or after having troubleshooted too high fuel consumption
due to not properly mounted air duct.
Proceed as following:
- If not having done already
- interrupt electric power by removing the ground
connector from the battery.
- Wait a little time, a minute or so.
- Reconnect the battery.
- Turn on ignition, but don't start the engine.
- 2 or 3 times turn the throttle from 0 to 1 (binary spoken ;-) )
- Start the engine with throttle in 0 position.
- Let it idle for some 3 or 4 minutes (rule of thumb: until the radiator fan starts turning)
It's a good opportunity to check the engine oil level now ...
- Shut off the engine - ready.