How to mount a Scottoiler on a F650GS
In contrary to my first opinion, it is possible to mount a Scottoiler on a
F650GS. John Hogg of
Scottoiler LTD sent me the instructions. However, it's a little bit
of work. Here's an instruction how to make the vacuum connection. For any other
things please refer to your Scottoiler instruction manual.
Pictures appear by kind courtesy of and are copyrighted to
- Some Torx wrenches (at least Tx 25)
- The one and the other wrench ;-)
- a drilling machine
- a 5 mm drill
- the universal spigot assembly (Scottoiler part# 8, shipped with the kit)
- Remove the left, the middle, and the right tank "fake" cover
- Remove the battery
- Remove the airfilter housing
- Now drill a 5 mm hole into the rubber inlet manifold
Be careful here, no material may fall into the manifold. Best you put a clean nonfluffy
piece of cloth in.
- Mount the universal spigot assembly. The same
viewed from the other side.
- Mount the elbow connector
- The tank you may place into the stowage compartment
Back to F650GS home
Back to chain lube page