Finding out Honda part numbers
Honda doesn't give away it's part numbers, so when you were in need of genuine parts numbers for any reason,
you had to go to your dealer's.
Here now is a possibility to find Honda part numbers via internet. Actually, this is a way
to connect to the Honda dealers' network in US. This was posted on
TAML in February 2006.
The following conditions must meet on your computer:
Here's how it is done:
- Windows XP (most probably Windows 2000 will work also. Just tested it
with Vista; it worked. Maybe you'll receive an error message when working with Vista -
hit the YES button, and evrything will be fine.)
- direct connection to the internet (i.e., no proxy server)
- when connecting via a browser, you must have Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher with ActiveX enabled (see below)
- a fast internet connection (i.e. 1,000 MBit/sec or faster) is helpful. Even if it will work also
using a 56KBit modem. In this case you'll need some time, though ;-)
In order too find the parts list for your Transalp, go to the blue book on the top left-hand side of the screen,
choose Honda, then Motorcycles, then XL600 and then XL600V. Since we are in an US net, the Transalp files unfortunately end with model 1990.
- Go to your Start menu
- Choose All Programs
- Choose Accessories
- Choose Communications
- Choose Remote Desktop Connection
- In the window opening type 220.127.116.11 (This is the IP number of the server you will connect)
When done, hit the START button and log off the system.
So, as of December 2015 this appears not to work anymore.
Instead you may want to check out
Choose producer, model and model year. In case your searching for Transalp parts, pls. be aware, that this
is an American site. They don't have parts for Transalp newer than 1990 ...
Go back to Technical Page
Go back to Howto Page
Go back to Deti's Transalp Page Home