The International Transalp Mailing List By joining the International
Transalp Mailing List, you'll have access to the knowledges of Transalp owners
all over the world.
Transalp Mailing List is now hosted on vankeulen.tzo.com.
In case of trouble you may contact the listadmins:
Before subscribing, you should be aware of our rules. Besides the
normal netiquette, you must accept the following rules:
- You must own a Honda XL 400/600/650 V Transalp, or you must be interested
in owning one, respectively. If you're not sure, if it's the right bike for
you, subscribe the list and ask us. We'll tell you ... ;-)
- Topics for the list are anything having to do with Transalp, f.e.:
- technical questions/answers
- tips and tricks
- reports and solutions on known bugs (yes, there
are some few)
- information about accessories and aftermarket parts
- announcing TA events
- No topics for the list are:
- flames in general
- Africa Twin or Varadero related topics, since there are special lists:
However, if you're not sure if to buy a TA, an AT or a Varadero,
we'll tell you, why you should buy a Transalp! ;-)
- No binary attachements, please! This includes: sounds, pictures, platform
specific documents like M$ Word files.
- Since there are some people on this list, not running one of those
new-fashioned email clients, please don't send html-coded messages, if
- In order to reduce traffic, keep your messages as short as possible.
- If you're on holiday and your provider limits the size on your mailbox,
please unsubscribe temporarily, since otherwise all your mails will bounce
back and make the list admin angry.
- List language is English. If you have trouble with some technical terms,
give it in your mother language with a short description of what you're
- To unsubscribe from the list, please use the procedures stated below.
Messages to the list reading "I don't feel like being a member anymore,
unsubscribe me!" are annoying.
- By default, you'll subscribe the "list" mode, i.e. : any message to the list will be forwarded
directly to your address.
If you don't like this, you have the possibility to change to a digest mode
later. An URL to a page where you can accomplish that, will be sent to you
when you're subscribed.
- Once you have accepted these terms, you may subscribe.
To subscribe or unsubscribe visit
the TAML info page and fill out the form. A little later you will receive an email
requesting confirmation. Confirm, and you're a member, or don't, and you're not. Once you're
a member, you can change the behaviour of your account, i.e. you may set it to inactive (during your holiday, f.e),
may subscribe the digest mode, may change your password etc. How to accomplish that, will be sent
to you once a month in an email sent out by the system.
TAML is a private list, that means, no non-member can post here, and no non-member can view the members list.
Once you're subscribed, send messages to email@example.com (also digest subscribers).
You may want to get help on all list issues. Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with help typed in the body.
In earlier times, all messages on TAML had been archived on grk.moto.transalp. We, the new admins, disabled this gateway, mainly
for two reasons:
- We didn't like the idea, that our (and your) addresses were published on a public
newsgroup page. Newsgroups are one of spammers' favoured sources for email addresses.
- Mailman (the software the TA list is now run by) holds an own archive. Have a look
at the TAML archive page.
Back to Back to Home